Samuel L. Wagner Middle School
A supportive learning community, challenges all students to achieve individual success.
- Teaching respect and fostering pride are important components of education.
- Wellness, Health and safety are essential to learning.
- A school, home and community partnership is vital.
- A dedicated staff, committed to professional development and lifelong learning, provides optimal educational experiences.
- A challenging curriculum, coupled with appropriate accommodations, ensures the success of all students.
- Integrated learning experiences and varied instructional approaches allow students to make connections between disciplines and their own lives.
- read, write, speak, and listen effectively to interpret and share information.
- use appropriate resources to seek, access, apply, evaluate, and share knowledge.
- use visual, artistic, and technological modes of expression.
- question and think, critically and creatively, and identify and apply solutions to problems.
- contribute to collaborative work in a respectful manner.
- listen attentively.
- take responsibility for actions and decisions.
- assume responsibility for actions and decisions.
- honor and care about adults, students, and property.
- advocate for self and others.
- show empathy, courtesy, and respect for others in our local and global society.
- make positive choices, take healthy risks, and develop a strong and positive sense of self.
- recognize the importance of good health practices and maintaining a healthy lifestyle.